Tuesday, October 23, 2007

PatternReview weekend

This coming weekend is the PatternReview Down Under weekend. This will be our second official PR weekend and I am really looking forward to it.

One of the things we will be doing is a fabric tour. We will be catching a bus that will be taking us all over Melbourne in search of that perfect fabric and wonderful bargain! Last year I won the dubious honour of the one with the most fabric ! Here is a link to my photo's of last year's event.

And the good news is that we have room for a few more on the shopping trip. So if you can get to Melbourne on Saturday and would like to join us, please come along. You don't have to be a member of PR. Just be willing to have a good time. We are a very friendly bunch and there is nothing like going fabric shopping with others that are like minded. Last year I had not met any other ladies before the trip, so don't let that stop you. Leave a comment if you would like to come or pop over to the message board on PR here.

We are popping into a fabric wholesaler during the day, and I can promise you that the prices are wonderful! On past visits I have bought wool blend fabric made for Ojay for less than $10 a yard! And wonderful knits for $3. Ooh, I hope they have some nice summer weight suiting this year........


This is a photo of a coat I made using a beautiful cord fabric (for around $4 a metre) from the wholesaler. The knit at the neckline was about $3 a metre.


Our expected itinerary for the day is:

Darn Cheap (Heidelberg) - more of a bargain type place, with a variety of different fabrics. They do roll ends & I've found some great stuff here.Cloth Shop (Ivanhoe) - very nice quality Materialise (Camberwell) - a clearance outlet for Tylers which is really upmarket. I went in there last week and I was really taken with some of their stuff, particularly I liked the brocades that I have zilch opportunity to wear. Cutting Edge (Malvern) The Button Shop (Malvern) - these two are almost next door to each other. Gotta have buttons!Frou Frou Fabrics (Glen Waverley) - this is one I've heard heaps about, they have interesting garments around the shop. There's a bakery next door where you could grab something to eat if you didn't bring anything. Then we're travelling over to the other side of the city, & these shops are more for the bargain hunter. By this stage of the day bargains will be looking good!Our first stop of the afternoon is at a place that does wholesale. The retail shops we're visiting in the afternoon are:Rathdowne RemnantsGJs FabricsSydney Rd Shops - Anne's Discount Fabrics no 363 - Unique Fabrics - Sari fabrics & good for silk dupioni- Brunswick Fabrics - Vonne's favourite from last year

3 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

You are going to have a great time!!
Love the coat you made. Wish I could join you! :)

LauraLo said...

That coat is gorgeous, such a lovely colour too! And the PR Down Under Weekend sounds like such fun that I'm green with envy! (don't you like green with purple? :))

Tany said...

This sounds so exciting!!! I wish I could meet up with you guys!!

Gorgeous coat and I love that bright pink! Wow!

Have a great time, Vicki