Monday, August 27, 2007

More fabric and......shoes!

Your comments and feedback on my last outfit were greatly appreciated. :) And in celebration, I have been shopping.

My sister and I went to Shepparton for the weekend to visit mum and ......well we visited the local Spotlight for some fabric therapy too. Last time we were there I saw a really appealing poly lycra pink and grey knit. I didn't buy it then but thought if it was still there it is meant to be mine. It was there - and now it is mine...along with a co ordinating grey knit and several other knit pieces that were found on the clearance table:


Most are viscose/elastine. The two at the top right are the only wovens and are poly satins. They are usually about $10 to $15 a metre and were on clearance at $5 a metre. I hear they are as low as $2 a metre at the Narre Warren store! You can also see in the photo that we visited Diva as well - 5 pieces for $10.

Cheryl and I also ventured around town and came across a shoe sale at Jeff Young Shoes. The already heavily discounted shoes were being offered at buy two and get a third free. Unfortunately I couldn't reduce my wants to only three, so I had four! Yes four new pairs of shoes. Here is the first pair:


and this is what I wore with them to work today:
The skirt is a simple straight skirt edged with lace and ribbon that I made pre blog days. The cardi and cami are RTW. The necklace was one of my Diva purchases.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's shoes.......

3 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Wow! You look fantastic. That is a beautiful outfit and your shoes are great! I bought a pair shoes yesterday too, in prevision for fall - they match the fabrics I gathered for my fall sewing!
Your fabrics are all so lovely - and many coordinate with one another, which is great. You'll be able to make yourself a lovely wardrobe
Ah, isn't it thrilling to be constructing one's own style? :)

Summerset said...

Nice fabric and great shoes! Did you look at Carolyn's blog yet - she has a pair that look almost exactly like those, except hers are black patent! Obviously you both have good taste.

Tany said...

New fabric... New fabulous shoes...
You must be feeling in heaven! I would!