Thursday, August 30, 2007

New shoes no 3

These shoes are an eggplant colour. The shape is very similar to my red shoes. I wore the shoes with a suit I had made in Hong Kong together with another KS3338 top. The photo is not very good - too early in the morning! The fabric is a very stretchy poly knit from MAD fabrics. About $3 a metre I think. I have a teal version still in the stash! The trim is a mesh. I think a darker mesh colour would have worked better as the pink is a bit too close to my skin colour - so it lacks definition. Oh well, you live and learn.
Here is the outfit with the jacket. I have had 3 suits made in Hong Kong. They are beautifully made ( I will show some of the details in another post) but they seem to overwhelm my small frame. The shoulders fit but there seems to be too much fabric through the body.
It looks like I am dressed for winter, but it was a beautiful 25 degrees here today in Melbourne.....Spring is definitely on its way! I work in an air conditioned office and I drive to work, so I can dress pretty much the same all year round. Thursday is my last work day for the week, so tomorrow I will get back to the Vogue skirt and maybe something else to wear with shoes no 4.

5 comments:

Tany said...

Again, a beautiful outfit!

Summerset said...

Great outfit! I love the tights!

Anonymous said...

From the picture, I think the jacket looks a little too long. This could be because short jackets are fashionalble; you could always just pack the suit away, and bring it out when it's back in fashion; or take it to a tailor and get it altered.

I'd love to go to Hong Kong and get some clothing tailor made!

NancyDaQ said...

Wow, you sure are hitting some great bargains these days! I love the shoes with the tights, indeed, I love the whole outfit.

Unknown said...

Lovely pics....Pics are really cute!!!!Beautiful blog .....Wear Nike shoes...You can feel the comfy...