I have been tagged by Claire of Sewing is Like Chocolate to answer a few questions.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Not much different than what I am doing now. I was working 3 days a week and spending the other four with my 7 year old and 4 year old daughters. I worked for the same accounting firm, lived in the same house, went to gym etc.......mmmm......perhaps I am in a rut? Well things will be changing now – the x husband moves out next weekend and I may have to go back to work full time to finance the move the girls and I will need to do at the end of the year.
2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Answer this meme. I saw the email yesterday from Claire and have been thinking about it since.
- Take Ellen for her very first driving lesson!! ick!! Yesterday morning she passed (well got 100% actually smarty pants) for her learners test so now she can be let loose on the road. Wish me luck.Take Sofie to her aerobics competition. Sofie's school has 2 teams in the state aerobics finals today. It is being held in Camberwell (for any Melbourne readers). Sofie's team came first in the regionals and the other school team came in second.
- Have coffee in Burke Rd Camberwell with Ellen while we are filling in time waiting for Sofie. We will be watching routine of course but she needs to get their early so we will wander the “high” street and see what we can see.
- Finish my Burda wrap top. Almost finished last night but decided to go to bed instead. I admire others who can stay up and finish off their garments. Me, I just get cranky! I only need to hem a sleeve and the bottom. If I am a good girl and get it finished this morning, I could wear it this afternoon and get Ellen to take a photo in Burke Rd.
- Nothing else I have to do. I could do some washing. I could go to gym. Maybe I had better get out of my PJ's and into the shower to start the day.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- Cappuccino's! Yep always plan a trip around the coffee stop. I rarely have anything with it. The cakes always look good but are a disappointment. Nothing compares to home cooked.
- Brie cheese. This I have to share with Sofie. We can polish off quite a bit in one session. It's good for my bones, isn't it?
- Champagne (or good old Aussie sparkling). I know this is not really a snack but it does have calories!
- Sofie is now out of bed and she said to add "Sofie's chocolate cake". Mmm, I wonder if she will make one of those today?
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Easy.....quit work. Take the girls on a world trip and stop at.......Rome, Paris, London, New York etc and at each destination we would buy a completely new outfit each including shoes and bag and then wear that said outfit to the best restaurant in town!!! I would probably also buy some fabric.....
Naturally a lot of pampering would be in order too – massages, facials, etc etc.
New house, new car, more new shoes.........
Of course my conscience would get the better of me and I would have to share. Perhaps I could pay for all my blogging friends to come and visit in Melbourne?
5) Places I have lived
- Edithvale, (suburb of Melbourne by the sea) – left when I was about 6 weeks old.
- Bendigo, Victoria, Australia – until I was 3
- Shepparton, Victoria, Australia – until I was 18 (except for next line)
- Moorestown, New Jersey, USA – when I was 14. Dad worked for Campbell Soups and we were transferred for about 9 months.
- Melbourne (various suburbs) from 18 to 24 in flats with friends.
- Rowville, (suburb of Melbourne) – first house with DH
- Park Orchards, (suburb of Melbourne) – current address and have been here for 17 years.
6.) Jobs I have had:
- Very first job was part time at a supermarket in the fruit and veg department. Back then we wrapped all the fruit and veg in plastic wrap. The wrapping was the “glamorous” j ob of the department. I had to pull the produce from the wooden boxes for others to wrap! Sigh!! Lots of spiders and splinters in those boxes.
- First job out of high school was in the office of Shepparton's mini department store.
- Left that job to follow friends who had moved to Melbourne. I worked in the accounts department of an insurance agency. While working there I decided to study at night to become an accountant.
- Worked for a couple of large city accounting firms before moving out to a suburban one to be closer to home (we lived in Rowville then). Have been there ever since.....22 years!!!
7.) 6 peeps I wanna know more about
- Sorry I am not going to choose 6. I tagg all of you reading......
Sorry mum....we will rake them up later....