- I didn't do a muslin but did check the measurements to ensure I have enough room. It is a loose top and the smallest size offered (42) I have found to be a bit big on me in the past. I figured I could always take it in.
- I used a 20 + year old poly I had in my stash. I know it is at least that old as I bought it from Lincraft at Eastland before the redevelopment back in 1993. Surprisingly it sewed up really easily, no puckers at all.
- I added 1cm for seam allowances and sewed french seams.
- I added 2cm for the hem and used Leisa's method of hemming. I think I can omit this next time as a normal adjustment for me is to petite the bodice by 3cm, which I did not do with this. Not really necessary as there is no defined waist.
- I used self made binding for the armholes and french binding for the neckline. I followed this link and added the cute bow at the back.
- I cut the back and added a seam. This I did before I read all of Leisa's instructions - oops. I am happy how it turned out actually as it doesn't gape as much in the back as the slit versions of others seems to do. I will try the slit version next time and see how I like that.
- I didn't use the collar for this version.
- Just happened to have matching belt and shoes in the closet - sweet!
I would like to try the elastic hem and collar for the next version. And I have ideas also of making a lower neckline version with less cut away shoulders.