I had one skirt and two tops made to match my animal print shoes. I decided I needed another skirt but was undecided on what to make. I didn't want to go overboard on the animal print. I found this really soft black wool piece in the stash that I would have bought as a remnant. I don't recall when or where I bought it. Maybe Lincraft as I used to always check out their remnant bin back when they had them.
I used the skirt in the suit of Burda 1-2008-127.
I topstitched the seams in brown to tie in with the mini wardrobe.
I also used some brown lace in the stash to add to the black lining.
The photos I have taken are not very good - I hope it is just the light and not the camera ?!
For the pattern I altered it for my previously discovered torso petiteness. I shorted the distance from waist to hip by 3cms but then added it back below to keep the length. So now the skirt hip curve should match mine better! This is the first time I have adjusted for that.
I am away this weekend so no starting on my JCC. Yes, I know I am very, very late on starting this. My original plan was to make a jacket in the pink stripe, two skirts and a top with the patterned fabric.
I think the jacket will have to wait and I can throw in an Ottobre knit top. As long as I get one piece done by the end of the month I get to vote.
Next post I hope to have photos of the May mini wardrobe for your viewing pleasure. Have a good weekend !