It has been a long time between drinks! But hopefully I am back into the sewing mode now.
I signed up for Faye's Spring Month of Tops - which is a bit silly as it is Autumn here. But I have managed to make two tops so far and have another one cut out. All knits, so nothing of great excitement...but I am sewing :))
As the sew-a-long is for the month of April, and I did not start until last week, I decided to try and make a dent in my knit stash. And being short of time I thought I would make up some big 4 patterns. The first is an almost vintage McCall's 2418 (from 1999 I think).
A nice easy 1 hour top..Ha! It took me a lot longer. The pattern has a turnover for the neck facing. This doesn't work - it pulls and puckers. So I just stitched it down about 1 cm from the edge and trimmed it close to the stitching. I also used Burda's method of stabilising the armhole edges with tape. Which was not such a good idea - the armholes are a bit tight and of course now have no stretch. So, in the end it is OK, but I won't be making it again.
It goes well with my suit I bought in Hong Kong and also with another skirt I have cut out but yet to make up.