Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Vogue 8706


Some more fabric out of the stash and another pattern used! Vogue 8706 is a nice knit dress and a relatively easy make.  My fabric is a reasonably thick polyester lycra bought many years back from Frou Frou fabrics, which closed down a few years ago.




The pattern has a few interesting details - the armholes have piping, the shoulders are asymmetrical in addition to the gathering.  The back is cut on the bias which I don't think is really necessary for a four way stretch fabric however I cut it that way as instructed.





While the pattern was out I also made a top from a fabric that is even older than the one above.  Ah it is good to get it out of stash and into my wardrobe!
This version I didn't bother with piping (I just bound the armholes) and didn't cut the back on the bias (didn't notice any fit difference).






And while I was at it I used the remnants to whip up an elastic waist skirt.  I had to join a piece into the back so make a feature of it.  Some top stitching and split are nice I think.





And for some fun a la Carolyn, some dance moves!




11 comments:

Lori said...

You are on a roll, the dress looks beautiful and I really like the skirt and top. Nice dance moves, too.

Sigrid said...

Lovely pattern, worked very well with your fabrics.

RhondaBuss said...

When I opened your post, my first thought was, "oh how pretty!" Then I scrolled down and said, "oooo she made it into a top too!" Just lovely :)

Tany said...

Ohhh Vicki, you did an OUTSTANDING job on both three garments!!! Just beautiful!!!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love that you're sewing again! These are two great new outfits that are lovely on you!

Sharon said...

Brilliant job on all three pieces and great idea to make a 2 piece outfit! Fun dance moves!

Ann Made Studio said...

That is a lovely pattern and every piece looks wonderful!
Happy dance :)

Diana said...

These are both lovely on you Vicky this style suits you so well And there's nothing like a happy dance!!

Audrey said...

Wow you have been busy sewing. I am so impressed by the lovely dress and two piece outfit you made from the same pattern.

AllisonC said...

Great pieces, you really got good use out of this pattern.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Love these outfits. Hope your creative juices continue to flow. :)