Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Award part 2 and Burda 05-2008-104


I have spent two lunch times checking to see if everyone has received a nomination for the Kreative blog award and pretty much come to the conclusion that we all have. But I didn't check everyone's blog so if I missed you, you just may be on my Google Reader subscription list. I have updated this and now have all 136 blogs on my sidebar - phew (and no wonder not much sewing gets done around here!).


Late last year I made Burda 5-2008-104 from a remnant poly lycra jersey I purchased from the Cleggs sale last year. This dress had just about been made by everyone, so I won't mention too much about the construction.
particularly sexy pose......
As I was working with a remnant, I needed to do the facings with a plain stretch fabric and the cross over had to be pieced in the middle. It has been my go to dress for the summer as it skims nicely over the extra padding that has somehow appeared over the last 6 months! Sigh, I seriously need to make some clothes that fit me or get back into exercise.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

I love that print on you!!! Those colors are great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki: I have taken advantage of all the time you spent updating the blogroll here by peeking at that long list. There's quite a few that are new to me!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That's a really cute dress!

Birgitte said...

I think you look fabulous, and that's such a pretty dress!

Lori said...

The dress looks fantastic on you.

Meg said...

Do you know how much it kills those of us in the cold, snowy, wintery U.S. to see you in a sleeveless dress like this? And looking great, by the way?

Christina said...

Wow, that was very nice of you to update your very long blogroll! Now back to sewing :) Your dress is lovely.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Can I just second LindseyT's comment! And the dress is very pretty on you...I totally understand the lbs thing...I think I gained 25 going through my divorce...eating all those bags of potato chips and drinking soda definitely did not help! *LOL*

Ann Made Studio said...

Vicki, the dress looks wonderful on you and I just love the print. I'd like to make this dress too for this summer, it looks very comfortable!

Summerset said...

Look how cute you are! I am so jealous of the sandals and little cute dress as I sit here with two sweaters on.

Sew-4-Fun said...

Nice dress! I had a look at the knits when I was at Clegs yesterday but there wasn't much of anything left.

I'm also soooooo over this heat and summer. Tomorrow sounds horrid but fingers crossed we get some decent rain after that. I hope you stay cool. A dip in your pool sounds in order. :)

Oh and I almost forgot. Sewing a whole new wardrobe sounds like much more fun than exercise, especially in this heat. :)

Tany said...

The dress looks fabulous on you! Isn't it a great pattern? I loved when I made it and I'm think I just might make another one this year!

Diana said...

Vicki this is adorable on you. I 've been cosidering this dress for either me or my daughter and you've inspired me.I love your background scenery. And 46degrees! We.ve been plagued by -32 degrees but it is warming up a bit now.