This week I received the Ottobre 2/2007 - the women's issue. I ordered it after hearing such good reports from Debbie and Belinda. I made the 3/4 sleeve plain tshirt.
I followed the Ottobre instructions pretty closely, however I did not topstitch the seams (except the shoulders) as I did not have enough matching thread. I have just used hemming web for the hem for the moment. I plan to twin needle it when I get some more thread. It was a bit tricky sewing the sleeves by serging with the vent at the bottom. I will need to tidy that up a bit too with some machine work.
This is Ottobre's version:
The fabric is a rayon lycra bought last year at Rathdown Remnants in Melbourne. The trim is made from a stripe fabric purchased from Frou Frou more recently. I have plenty of both fabrics left over for future projects. The striped fabric is a mesh and when I bought it, it was with the plan to use as trims for tops. I also bought another one at the time that has more brown and olive green in it. And here is a close up of the neckline and the trim cut and applied. I used a lighter pink thread on the sleeves - works ok here but would look wrong on the hem.
I made a size 36 without any alterations. To borrow a term from Carolyn, I need to test the wearability factor before I comment on the fit. However, I must say, it went together very easily. No problems at all. Well actually just one.......the tracing! My goodness, if you think Burda is hard to follow the lines then Ottobre is much worse. Have a look at this....
I can see a few more Ottobre Woman designs in my future! Thanks ladies!! :)