Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's finished.....and the shoes too!



All finished (and with 2 days still before the formal!). I undid the waistband and trimmed the netting only. This left the lining and bias strip allowances as buffers against the bits of net left. After a quick wearing test I stitched the binding back on.




The picture on the right is one shoe before the make over and one after. I just put a ribbon on the shoe, tied a bow and attached a heart shaped bit of bling I got last time I was in Hong Kong. I think they were something like 10 cents, so if they don't last the night, no matter.


Here is a picture of the completed outfit. Will have some more when Ellen is all glammed up for the event. Now to go and clean the sewing room for something for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done! feel free to make me party dresses he he :)
lucy xoxo

Tany said...

Beautiful, you did a wonderful job!!

Shannon said...

I love the bodice. Your daughter must be so pleased.

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful Vicki. Well done. I like what you did with the shoes. Simple but very effective. Cheaper than buying new shoes too. :-) I hope Ellen enjoy's her formal.

I met my DH 23 years ago this Friday at my school formal, just up the road from where you live. He was my blind date!

Frog Stitcher said...

Wow, all done with 2 days to spare! I love the dress, youthful and classy. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I've followed your reviews on PR and now can follow your daily sewing journeys, as well.

Summerset said...

Lovely job, Vicki! The shoes are cute, too.

Vicki said...

Thanks everyone! It is so nice getting feedback from some of the best in the "business".

Belinda, great story! Ellen first met her date about 2 months ago on a blind date. They have only been out once since, but keep in touch over the internet.

Anonymous said...

*gasp* what a lovely vision! The whole effect is stunning, but I especially like the corset top with the diamond quilting effect.
Very well done!