Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Burda 08-2005-102


2 things inspired me to make this skirt.


The first was I had the yellow top I had purchased awhile ago and I wanted a skirt to go with it that wasn't black. And I had a new necklace that I hadn't worn yet either.


The second inspirations was Summerset's refashioned plaid skirt. It reminded me that I have a Burda pattern that I had made before (so no tracing, fitting, etc) that had a similar look. And I had the perfect fabric - grey check with a gold tread.


The fabric is a cheapy from Spotlight off their $2 table. The lining is a viscose. I added lace to make it pretty.




I did my usual of eliminating the waistband and the facings. I have a set on Flickr that goes through these steps and also has photos of my original skirt.
Tomorrow I will get a photo of me wearing it.

6 comments:

Sew-4-Fun said...

Vicki, lovely skirt and great use of your fabric. It goes perfectly with your top and necklace.

LauraLo said...

I'm in love with this skirt and that says it all!

Tany said...

The minute I saw your picture I immediately thought "Summerset"! Well done, Vicki, it looks fantastic!

Summerset said...

I'm glad I inspired such a great skirt! I like the fabric - it has the seriousness of black without the ominous factor of black. Nice job - and the necklace is wonderful!

Vicki W said...

That's a great skirt. Isn't the internet great? There's inspiration every day!

Theresa said...

Total outfit looks great-very stylish-short fitted jackets (even if RTW) are fantastic peices in a wardrobe-will the jacket be an RTW purchase or do you have a pattern/fabric in mind?