Saturday, September 8, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger

Summerset has nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger! Thankyou Summerset, it is a real honour to be nominated by you!

Today's post is a family one where I get to "skite" about my girls. The week was the Visual Arts week for my girls' school. The best work done by students was on display and some were up for awards. Sofie had her boxer shorts and matching hand sewn ball on display. Well done Sofie !!! She is also holding another item she made in her textiles class.
Ellen had her short film nominated for an award...and ta da...she won first prize. I am so proud. I had better start on our Oscar frocks!
I have embedded the film but please don't feel obliged to view. When I first saw it I thought, boy she is not going to get good marks for this....but what would I know ? - she got full marks! The criteria the students were given was to show how you can't always judge a book by its cover. So she made the film about monsters being kind and caring.

I suggested for her year 12 film she could film the creative process of purchasing fabric and the journey to the end product - the garment. I haven't convinced her of that yet!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations to you and your daughters! Now a short film on buying fabric is something I would love to see! Both of your daughters are very talented. Hmmm....I wonder who they get it from? ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter on her win for the film. It is very moving. Has a lesson for everyone. Your other daughter looks so cute in her shorts with her textile project. You have some very talented children who must take after their Mom.

Summerset said...

Congrats to all of you! Creativity must run in the family!

Marji said...

You should be a proud mama.
BTW, that film gave a glimpse into the awesome expansive heart of your daughter. What a wonderful young lady you've raised.

Vonnevo said...

Congratulations Ellen and Sophie !
This thought provoking film moved me to tears. Definitely a Proud Mum moment Vicki.Congratulations to you on having two wonderful daughters.