Sunday, November 4, 2007

Admitting I have problems

I have been thinking for a while that I should 'fess up and Summerset's post this morning (well Aussie time) has moved me out of my computer chair, forced me to take up the camera and......admit my sewing room is a mess!!

Why is sewing so messy? You see I want to make myself a suit for work and I can't get started. Do you think my creative area has anything to do with it?
I have started to clean up by repacking fabric in my cupboard. Actually, looking at this, I think I have room for more!

See the mess next to my pressing and cutting area? I tend to dump scraps etc there as I work on a project. Maybe I could just put it all up in the roof space (attic). Lots of bits of projects past...

And the view from my desk - ick! So now I also have to admit that I still haven't taken out my steam press from the box.

And here is the pressing area. My Hot Patterns flippy skirt is cut out but oops I don't have enough fabric for the back flounce........


and my final confession.....I have put on weight and none of my jeans/ casual pants fit me...sob! No one to blame here but myself. OK I have admitted I am a mess but stay tuned.....

5 comments:

Summerset said...

Great . . . what have I started? Actually, your room looks better than mine on a good day!

Kitty Couture said...

You'll have it done in no time, Vicki!

Anonymous said...

You have made me laugh - I know exactly how you feel - you space looks a lot tidier than my office.
Re scraps - this past year I have been ruthless and put them in a bag and after 3-4 projects I donate them to the local craft/charity shop they make kids clothing etc to raise funds for needy children - makes me fell better because I rarely used my scraps
Skye

Anonymous said...

My room is so full of stuff, I can only sew on the dining table. I'm planning on getting some more shelving, in hopes that I can move the sewing machine and overlocker back into the room - and leave the dining table free to cut out fabric. Oh, and occasionally to eat dinner ;-)

I used to keep scraps; they were great when Ellen was little because I could usually do something with them. When we moved from Canberra I donated a big garbage bag to a friend whose sister had a new baby, and another one to the local op shop. It's amazing how much it builds up! I only keep stuff now that I'll use as facings and pockets for garments in heavier fabrics like denim. My denim skirts have the prettiest facings hiding inside!

Tany said...

Well, my dining room looks a mess too(I really need a dedicated sewing space...)