Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ottobre 2/2007 short sleeve T and Burda WOF 07-2007-115

This is how I wore the outfit last night to Ellen's and Sofie's dance concert. I added belt loops so that I could wear a belt. Bag, belt and earrings from Myer. Shoes are a few seasons ago. Bracelet from Diva. Here is a close up of the belt loops:
I used the triple stretch stitch again for the topstitching. Love the triple stretch stitch! And have a look at the back. I certainly am getting better with the invisible zip. I would say IMHO that it is pretty close to perfect! To reduce the poof in the back I took the centre front panel in a bit. I also had to unstitch the casing that the elastic was in. I was being clever and just stitched the underlining to the fabric rather than a separate casing. But I think that was also causing the puffiness in the length in the back. So I undid it and just zig zagged the elastic to the front fabric. I think it helped a bit.

Now to the Ottobre 2/2007 short sleeve T. I really like how this turned out! I overlocked the seams and topstitched the neckline and hems. I really love the fabric and I have enough left over to block another T in the future - maybe a long sleeve one with brown or grey sleeves and back? I will leave that one till next winter I think. The fabric for this T was all of $3!!

I placed the flower so that it came across the bust and added crystals on the flowers. Here is a close up of the crystals. They are clear crystals. The flash has changed the colour in the photo. So now I need to get back to the jacket and then I will have a complete ensemble.

And Carolyn, (re yesterday's comment) I have room for you to come and visit but you won't want to this week - 37c tomorrow! That is too much summer! So maybe I could come to New York for some shopping?

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Vicki, the outfit looks great on you! Very cute shoes too!

Theresa said...

Congratulations on the invisible zip-perfecto!!!-I really had to look to find it.

Summerset said...

I love all your details! The belt loops especially were a great idea, very stylish and current.

Shannon said...

Your outfit is adorable - so fresh and summery! The belt loops and the crystals add just the right touch. Hey, if Carolyn gets to come visit, can I come too? :)

patsijean said...

I love the outfit. The fabrics are beautiful. You were right to release that elastic a bit. The belt loops are a nice finishing touch and the crystals a fun touch, perfectly placed.

Sigrid said...

Lovely outfit, I like your fabrics and the details you added. The fabric of the T-shirt is really special. And the zipper perfect.

Debbie Cook said...

How noice and classy! ;-) Really, it looks wonderful. I *like* the elastic in the back for a bit of something different. You're such a twig (in a good way) that you can wear such details and look good.

Linda L said...

Was just reading your jacket review at PR this AM and decided to check in on your blog. Wow, great skirt and top. Invisible zipper is perfect to me! Really like what you did with the crystals on the top. Really flattering outfit. Love that crinkled polyester fabric; it makes up nicer than I would have thought it would. Maybe the fabric I have seen like this was not of the same qualiy.

Tany said...

Vicki, you look fabulous! You have been busy and the results are outstanding! Love the shoes too, you have exquisite taste!