Wednesday, November 7, 2007

McCall's 5007


First, I want to say my sewing room is once again presentable. I would show you a photo to prove it but the camera has gone "walk about". Hopefully Ellen has it with her?


I really need some new jackets for work and lets face it, I have the fabric and the patterns! I have been quite undecided the last few days, as I thumbed through Marfy catalogues, Burda magazines and my pile of unopened patterns for inspiration. In the end I decided to try out McCall's 5007.


The fabric I will use is a crinkle poly purchased at Brunswick Fabrics (for $4 a metre) on our recent PR weekend.

As the fabric will show through on the seams I will underline it with a cotton also purchased at Brunswick Fabrics ($3 a metre).
I won't line the jacket as it will be one of those jackets you wear on hot days and then throw into the washing machine. I haven't decided yet what I will do with seam finishes. Maybe just overlock and then HK finish the hems.
I also bought some nice buttons at Lincraft today (sorry on photo) in the same cream colour. I will top stitch in cream as well so the jacket will match just about everything!

3 comments:

Summerset said...

Nice choice - I can see you wearing that jacket. I think the color will be very versatile since you're going into summer.

Theresa said...

The Jacket style looks very sweet and the fabric choice sounds great for those hot summer afternoons in Melbourne on the way home from work-light & refreshing.

Sigrid said...

It's a great pattern. I made it last year and think it will suit you quite well.