Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hot Patterns Deco Vibe Flippy Skirt



A few of us Aussie girls (with the help of Mel) bulk ordered some Hot Patterns to save on the high international postage. I ordered the Deco Vibe Flippy Skirt. Jeremy's email a while back on the many possibilities of this skirt really inspired me.


So without further ado...here is my version:



I had a bit of a drama as I mentioned on a previous post. I had this fabric that I really adored that I thought would look really cute made up in the skirt. But alas I did not have enough. I thought I was being clever by cutting out part of the skirt and then adjusting the remaining fabric to cut out the flounce at the back. Horrors - not enough. After letting the project sit for a while I had another look and decided to add a centre back seam in the flounce. I still had to cut out the pieces on add angles so the flounce probably does not sit quite how it should but I am happy with the outcome!
Now, what to wear on top.....searched the stash for matching purple or cream knit. Nope! Well maybe the wardrobe would have something ok just for the photo shoot. Lo and behold, not only do I have a JacquiE RTW top (several years old) an exact match, some shoes also are perfect. It sure does work to keep to a core of similar colours!


I will do a review of the pattern and show some photos of construction in my next post.

BTW, the fabric is a cotton lycra with quite a bit of body. Love, love, love it...................yippee!

11 comments:

Sew-4-Fun said...

Very pretty indeed! Love it! The skirt, top and shoes all co-ordinate so well. I'd swear you bought the top and skirt from the same store, and the colour really suits you too. Great job. Perfect outfit for a perfect day. :)

Kitty Couture said...

It looks fantastic! YOU look fantastic :)

Summerset said...

You look lovely and just right for spring. I think you're so right about keeping certain core colors in your wardrobe as it makes matching and dressing so much easier. You went "shopping" right in your own wardrobe and were able to have a complete outfit, how cool is that?

Anonymous said...

it looks beautiful and i love the colors

Shannon said...

You look fabulous in your new skirt! I'm glad you figured out how to make it work.

Anonymous said...

The outfit is great and the skirt is a great design for you. You look fabulous.
Miriam

Anonymous said...

Cute flippy skirt with the perfect coordinating top and shoes. Looks like sewing with a plan all along. Great job! Purple happens to be my favorite color. Great for a spring day. Enjoy!

Christina said...

What a great skirt! You are going to be wearing that all summer.

Sigrid said...

Great combination. That color is great on you. The skirt is wonderful.

Tany said...

LOVELY GORGEOUS! I just love that skirt and the colorway is perfect on you!

Theresa said...

Purple is my most favourite colour-the skirt looks lovely and are they purple shoes as well. Is it wrong to covet another womans purple shoes?