My helper Sofie is all relaxed on her new recovered couch. This is the three seater. The two seater is in the next photo and you can see the wall hanging that we made in the background.
Yes, they are not perfect, BUT THEY ARE DONE!!! BTW, the threads you can see are actually on the carpet which had not be vacuumed before the photos.
I have to say I learned quite a few things with this project:
- How to dismantle couches and cover from scratch
- How to make square cushions and fill with fibre
- How to keep going when you just want to throw them over the balcony
- How Sofie is such a great helper - she helped put the fabric on, off, on, off the couches for fitting. She unpicked when necessary and generally was a cheerleader from the other side of the sewing machine.
- How I never want to do this again!
So my advice to others thinking about undertaking such a project....don't! Life is too short to cover couches!
And just a reminder of how it used to look with a before and after shot:
If you want to see all the posts on this (including my earlier enthusiasm) refer to the label "The Good Room"
The thought of a structured Tailor jacket now seems easy peasy after this project!